Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pray for our Government Leaders

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.  -Romans 13:1 

By the time you read this there will have been some changes in leadership in Washington.  Even as I type this I am aware that a number of new people will be heading to our nation’s capitol to assume their new roles as government leaders.  Everyone who attends the church where I am pastor knows that I never preach politics from the pulpit and I intend to maintain the same approach in my blog.  So, relax; I am not going to start here.

While I have never preached politics, I do preach prayer: for our nation, our leaders, and those who are serving our country in the military.  To pray for our leaders honors God and is indeed a biblical approach to how we view those who are making decisions for our nation.  As long as I have been a pastor I have encouraged people to pray for our President, regardless of who is sitting in the Oval Office.  This crosses party lines and brings followers of Christ together in a common goal; that God’s blessing would reside upon us.   
 Consider that God can use anyone He chooses to accomplish His will.  God may choose to bring about a great revival in our land and He may do so through some unlikely people.  When has the Lord ever done things in a conventional fashion or in a way that we would have thought?  The Lord instead does that which reminds us that ultimately He is in charge and as His followers we are in His hands.  God has a plan and a purpose.  According to His Word we do well to trust Him, pray for one another, and pray for our leaders. 

There will be a lot of talk in the coming days and weeks about what direction our nations will go.  My deepest and sincerest prayer is that we will humble ourselves before God, seek His will, and pray that a great revival of faith will take place across the land.  What a blessing it would be if we saw multitudes of people coming to faith in Jesus Christ, churches filled to capacity, and Christians reaching out in love to a lost and hurting world. 

Pray for our nation.  Pray that the will of God’s would be done.   

Revival in America can happen, if we seek the Lord and pray

No comments:

Post a Comment