Monday, November 29, 2010

Living in the Light of Christ

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. -I John 1:7 (KJV)

I feel a burden for anyone who doesn’t know Jesus as Savior.  But I also feel a burden for believers who are not walking in the fullness of God’s grace.  I feel for them, because I understand exactly what that’s like.  I have been there myself, and it’s a terrible place to be.  Jesus has not called us to despair, defeat, or a half-hearted kind of faith.  No, the Lord has called us to the abundant life in Him where spiritual victory is the norm and not the exception.  Living for Jesus and walking in spiritual victory involves a life-time commitment.  There is no where in the Bible where it says this will be easy.  If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.  Walking in the light is for the faithful – and that is what the Lord has called us to be.

Jesus taught that we are to so be like Him that His light becomes our light.  We become the light of Jesus in sin-darkened world that desperately needs the love of God.  My mother has told me that when she was a little girl living in eastern Kentucky that they would sometimes clean their oil lamps.  They used oil lamps becasue they had no electricity in their home.  She said that after cleaning the globes on the lamps they were amazed at how brightly they shined.  We too will be amazed at how brightly God’s love shines from us once we remove the grime of sin and any attitude that hinders us.

Walk in the light of Jesus Christ and seek to experience the fullness of His grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment