Saturday, May 21, 2011

Thankful for Full and Blessed Days

I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you.  -I Corinthians 1:4-6 (KJV) 

Busy schedules, full days, places to go, and people to meet.  If this describes you then you are in good company.  I have plenty to do on any given day, and please don’t think I am complaining.  Each day in which I can get up, face the day, be healthy, and enjoy the life with which God has so richly blessed me with is a good day.  To add to an already full schedule I now have the added annual job of keeping the grass cut.  Ah, if only I had more time to devote to yard work. I understand completely why so many people find such pleasure in working in their gardens and doing general yard work.  It’s indeed hard work, yet the rewards are tremendous. You have the satisfaction of a nice yard, and you get immediate results.   

This blog entry, however, isn’t about yard work; it’s about the blessings of serving the Lord and being involved and connected with those around us.  God did not create us to work in isolation.  Instead, we are called to be an active part of the work of the church, which is the body of Christ, and the community around us.  I am reminded of this every time I go out and engage in some form of ministry or volunteer work.  When we use the gifts God has given us to His glory the result will be that are we blessed.  Furthermore, those around us are blessed by the love of Christ shining from our lives.   

Today was a full day, which made it a blessed day.  It also explains why it’s after 10:00 PM (past my bedtime), and I am just now getting around to entering today’s blog.  I face problems and trials just like anyone else, yet the Lord is teaching me more every day to always stop and be thankful.  I have more to be thankful for than I could possibly cover in this writing.  And as I stare down at the age of 50, which happens next month, I have every reason to believe the blessings of God will increase more and more. 

What is your outlook right now?  Are you counting sorrows or blessings?  Are you thankful for a full schedule or complaining about having too much to do?  Are you bemoaning all your troubles or looking up and praising God for His grace, power, and mercy.  My friends, take the stance which trusts the Lord, counts blessings, thanks God in all circumstances, and claims the power of Christ – which is resurrection power for daily living.

Stop living under the circumstances.  Rise up and be a witness for Jesus Christ in a lost, troubled, and hurting world.  We have the victory in Jesus.  Claim the victory today.

No comments:

Post a Comment