Saturday, May 28, 2011

Life is Worth Living

9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.  10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.  11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. -John 10:9-11 (KJV) 

No doubt you have had the experience of getting up in the morning and after reading the news thinking to yourself, “What’s the world coming to?” I think this way often, yet my thoughts became even more dismal when I read about the Oregon woman who has been making a tidy profit selling suicide kits.  This caused me to reflect back on the practices of Jack Kevorkian who is now in prison for helping people kill themselves.  It turns out that a number of Dr. Kevorkian’s “patients” were people who were suffering from depression.  Had they given it more time, sought professional help, and looked to the Lord they would still be here and enjoying a previously undiscovered quality of life. 

Countless people are barely hanging on and are daily trying to just put one foot in front of the other.  Wherever you may be in your emotional outlook I want to challenge you to not give up.  No matter how hard life has become or how bleak your outlook may appear please know it can and will get better.  You may feel sorrowful and lousy all of the time.  Believe me; I know how this feels because I suffered from depression myself for a number of years.  However, the Lord has taught me how to daily manage and overcome depression and live a productive and happy life.  I believe with all my heart this is possible for you as well.   

Please feel free to have a look at my other blog, “Happiness, Health, and a Brighter Outlook”  which can be linked to the right of this page.  You will find numerous tips and suggestions on how to live a happier, peaceful, and more productive life.  With God’s help you can and will overcome.  Look to the Lord and allow Him to empower you to rise up and confront whatever dark forces you are facing.  Let me share with you my list of reasons why life is worth living: 
  1. Life will get better; give it more time.  You will be amazed at how things will have improved in a year from now.
  2. You are an individual of immeasurable worth and potential.  Never forget that.
  3. You are not here by accident.  You were created by God for a divine purpose.
  4. You are stronger than you think you are.
  5. There are people who love you and need you in their lives.
  6. The world is a better place with you in it.
  7. You may feel terrible, yet you can be happy again.
  8. God is perfectly willing to help you; just ask and He will be there for you.
  9. You possess gifts and talents from which others may benefit.
  10. Joy is coming if you will seek it and wait for it.
Keep going and never give up.  Christ stands ready to provide the abundant life He has promised. 

No comments:

Post a Comment