Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thanking God for Every Remembrance of You

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.  -Philippians 1:3-6 (KJV) 

What a blessing it is to be a part of the Body of Christ.  Having a local congregation of brothers and sisters in Christ who are there to encourage one another in our time of need means more than the combined riches of the world.  All of you encourage me in countless ways through your support of this blog.  I am finding out when a daily blog does not appear that many of you become concerned.  To all of you I send a great big, “Thanks and I love you all!”  I set out this morning to write my daily entry, however, I was delayed because of a routine medical test I had to undergo this morning.  As part of the preparation for the test I had to spend the day yesterday (Wednesday) on a diet of clear liquids.  That afternoon I had to drink about a gallon of this horrible tasting fluid guaranteed to flush the system.  As for the results let’s just say, mission accomplished. 

Apparently my doctor likes to make sure everything is truly on track, for the next part of the preparation for the test was getting up at 4:00 this morning to drink a bottle of Magnesium Citrate.  It had a nice lemony flavor and went down easily enough.  Around 5:00 I then sat down to finish a column for the local paper, the Bristol Herald Courier, which will appear in this Saturday’s Religion Section.  My plan was to then finish my blog entry and upload to the site.  Despite the fact the lemony concoction went down easy it did not want to stay down.  I became extremely nauseated and spent the next hour or so pacing the floor trying to keep that stuff down.   

At one point I walked around outside breathing the fresh morning air which definitely helped.  I was able to keep it all down, yet this put me way behind on my morning routine.  By then it was time to head to the surgery center and have the procedure.  The results were fine.  I was found to be in good health and I shouldn’t have to undergo this particular ordeal for about another five years – thanks be to God!  I don’t react well to anesthesia and afterward I ended up spending the afternoon asleep.  I am just now getting caught up on a number of pursuits I usually get done in the morning. 

Like Paul the Apostle, I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.  Your love, friendship, and support of my writing encourages me beyond what I can possibly express.  And like the beloved Apostle, I too am confident that God will complete the good work He has begun in us – in Jesus’ name.

No comments:

Post a Comment