Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Busy Day is Best Began With Prayer

I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD.  –Psalm 104:33, 34 

Something we know for certain is that life is full of surprises.  We can start our day with a fixed schedule in mind, but as we know our plans do not always work out the way we had imagined.  However, when we are walking with the Lord and trusting Him, we have the peace of knowing that, our lives are indeed in God’s hands.  We can know that God is directing our path as we go along through life and every individual day.  I have to remind myself of this often, especially when I begin to get frustrated because my schedule isn't happening the way I had planned it.  

Now, about that statement I made about life being full of surprises.  One could get discouraged and fearful because what happens one day or the next is difficult and perhaps overwhelming.  However, the attitude of the one who trusts Christ is that we will sing praises to God all of our lives; good times or bad; our hearts will be directed to God in thanksgiving and praise.  We also desire to have our minds filled with positive and uplifting thoughts – that which honors God and lifts our spirits.   

What sort of schedule do you have for today?  Perhaps you have made a checklist of everything you desire or need to get accomplished.  Let me pose a question: have you begun your day with prayer, meditation on God’s Word, and praise to Him?  If the answer is no, then it isn’t too late to go back and place that vital priority into your schedule.  Personally, I am running behind today partly due to an unforeseen situation that kept me up late into the night last night.  Therefore, I am way behind in my day.  But I believe that the most important part of my day is taking time to seek the Lord.  I recall reading a quote by Martin Luther in which he said that he had so much to do one day that he would have to spend the first few hours in prayer. 

Hectic day ahead?  Are you running behind?  Stop and seek the Lord and praise Him.  Your day will then go a lot smoother and you will get done all that God intends. 

Find peace in Christ today.

No comments:

Post a Comment