Thursday, September 23, 2010

God's Word Will Daily Bring Light to our Lives

I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.  I have taken an oath and confirmed it, that I will follow your righteous laws.  –Psalm 119:104-106

As I have stated before, I am deeply grateful for the people who faithfully read this blog and find encouragement through it.  There are literally millions of blogs on the Internet dealing with just about any topic imaginable.  One web site reported that there are an estimated 133,000,000 blogs on the Internet and that the number of people reading those blogs (as of 2008) is around 346,000,000.  That’s a lot of blogs and lot of readers.  In fact, if you are anything like me, you kind of have trouble getting your mind around such large numbers.  A good many of us who use computers every day can recall a time in the recent past where no one had a computer in their home.  The times are indeed changing. 

One aspect of our lives that I hope the Internet has not changed and will not change is the desire to open the Word of God and let its truths speak to our hearts.  With all of this vast information at our fingertips, let’s not forget that the Bible remains our greatest source for what we need to live the kind of lives that honor the Lord.  As followers of Christ we are called to daily let the deeper truths of God’s Word speak to our hearts that we might grow into the people the Lord would have us to be.  Some might think that sitting down and opening a book is old fashioned or obsolete, but doing so is as vital as relevant as ever.

How many Bibles are there in your house right now?  Are we spending more time in front of a keyboard than with the Word in front of us?  If so, then let me challenge you today to reverse that trend.  Take time daily to open God’s Word and explore the wonderful treasures it contains.  The Lord has promised that His Word will be a light that guides our way and enlightens our hearts and minds.   

The troubled soul always finds comfort in God’s holy Word.  Trust the Lord and seek Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment