Friday, September 17, 2010

Be Sure to Encourage Someone Today

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.  May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  –Romans 15:4-6

We are fast approaching a year since I began this daily blog, and the support and encouragement for keeping it going has been tremendous.  A number of people from the congregation where I am pastor keep telling me that the blog is a blessing to them, and often I hear from people in the community who have been reading.  In recent weeks I have also received some wonderful feedback from people as far away as Michigan, Ohio, Florida, Texas, and Illinois.  God bless you all for reading and for the encouragement you have given me.  I am deeply humbled that the Lord is using these daily thoughts to encourage you in your faith.  That in turn encourages me and inspires me to continue writing.  Again I say God bless you, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

When we as followers of Christ are serious about growing in our faith, we will find unlimited resources for doing so.  The Word of God challenges us to grow in grace, love, and commitment to Christ.  As we grow in the Word we also have the blessed fellowship and encouragement found within the body of Christ, which is the church.  Within the church we discover that we do not go through the difficult times of life alone, but we have a network of support to stand with us and offer us comfort and encouragement.  This is something we all need especially through the trials and difficulties we face. 

As the Lord encourages me through His Word, the church, and people I know, I then desire to encourage others.  My prayer is that we as followers of Christ will share in the unity of which the Scripture speaks.  Pray for one another, look for ways to support and minister to one another, and be always seeking to offer a kind word of comfort and encouragement.  From this network of support we are strengthened to go and share our faith with those who have not yet heard about the wonderful love of Jesus Christ. 

Have you been encouraged today through God’s Word and these thoughts?  If so, I praise the Lord for that and I give all glory to Christ.  Now go and share that encouragement with others.  No doubt someone you know needs the spiritual support you can offer.
  
May the Lord richly bless you and strengthen you today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment