Monday, March 22, 2010

When the Going gets Tough - Trust Jesus

I love you, O Lord, my strength.  The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.  -Psalm 18:1-3

When we read the Psalms we get a sense that David was a man who wanted to experience the fullness of God’s grace at all times and in all circumstances.  This is right where the Lord wants us to be; experiencing the wonder of His love, power, and mercy right in the midst of the storms of life.  When the going gets tough the Lord Jesus does not just prop us up, but rather He lifts us up –  there is a difference.  He encircles us with His strength and power.

When you walk into a building somewhere, an office building perhaps, and you see a desk that says above it in large letters, “Information,” what does that say to you?  It says to me that if I have questions then this is where I can get some answers.  On two different occasions in recent months I was in a building and encountered just such a desk.  And in both cases the persons behind the desk gave the impression that I was really getting on their nerves.  I wanted to say, “Hey; look up; the sign above you says, ‘Information.’ That’s you!” I didn’t say that, but I certainly felt like it.

We have questions; God has answers.  We have fears; God offers calm.  We have doubts; Christ offers assurance.  We have needs; Christ will provide for them.  We have problems and frustrations; the Lord will give us patience.  We go through dark days; Jesus brings the light of His power.  Oh how we miss out when we don’t ask and when we don’t seek the Lord.  Christ stands ready to help, assist, guide, encourage, and get us where we need to be.  All we have to do is come to Him in faith and ask.  The sinner can come to Him and find forgiveness, and the one struggling can come to Him and find hope. 

Don't delay another moment.  Trust the Lord today.  He stands willing and able to help - and to save from the chains of sin.  Christ will rescue, and He will save.