Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Wellspring of Life Christ Provides

2Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.  3Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. -Isaiah 12:2, 3 (KJV) 

My persistence has paid off.  The hummingbirds are back!  I have no idea why they left for a while or where they might have gone, but as of this past week I have had a time keeping my two feeders full.  Their visits to the smaller feeder I keep near the back fence have been so frequent I have to fill it about every couple of days.  As I have said, I love watching the hummingbirds, so trying different strategies to get them to come back was definitely worth it.  Was it anything I did?  The answer is I may never know.  I just know they have returned for the time being and for this I am glad. 

The Word of God speaks of how the Lord is our salvation, our strength, our song, and through Him will walk forward by faith and not by fear.  The power the Lord provides will be like a well of sweet and pure water from which we may draw and drink all we want.  The spiritual water Jesus Christ provides is pure and satisfying.  However, it’s up to us to come to the Lord and receive what He offers.  If we wander away from Christ we have no one but ourselves to blame.  Just as I was with the hummingbirds the Lord will not give up on us.  He will continue to reach out to us, love us, and draw us to Him.   

What a blessing it is to know Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and to daily walk in His grace.  Each day we can, as the Scripture says, draw from this wellspring of life.  We have in Jesus Christ a well which will never run dry, for the Lord always keeps it full.  We need not question the Lord.  Instead let us drink freely of His grace and mercy. 

Do you suppose as my hummingbirds (yes, they are “my” hummingbirds) drink from the feeders I provide they are thinking, “Hmm, I wonder who puts these out here for us and if it’s okay to drink from them?  I mean, is this for real?” No, the hummingbirds simply come and drink freely of the sweet water I willingly provide.   

My friends, do not question the Lord and the salvation He has so willingly provided.  Christ has provided a wellspring of life.  Come to Him, receive Him as Savior, and drink freely of the abundant life He has promised.   

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a hummingbird feeder to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment