Monday, August 8, 2011

The Pure Fountain of God’s Word

9For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.  10O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart.  -Psalm 36:9, 10 (KJV) 

This past weekend I observed a sight which brought joy to my heart.  I saw a hummingbird flittering around the carport where I used to keep one of my hummingbird feeders.  He was clearly hovering around searching for the feeder.  The reason this made me glad is because I was fearful they had moved on and were not coming back.  Apparently, and much to my delight, they have returned.  I had moved my main feeder near the fence where our backyard meets the woods.  This, my friends, proved to be a mistake. 

After seeing the hummingbird I retrieved the feeder I had placed near the woods and I was dismayed to see it in poor condition.  It was full of ants, dead yellow jackets, and the sugar water was so contaminated that no hummers would want to feed from it.  I had a time cleaning it out and getting it suitable for use.  I’m glad to report the feeder is now clean, filled with fresh nectar, and hanging on its usual place on the carport.  Now all I have to do is wait to again see my beloved hummingbirds. 

We can be thankful that what we receive from the Lord is pure, trustworthy, and always to our benefit.  Should we deprive ourselves of the rich fountain of God’s grace, available to us every day in God’s Word and prayer, then we have no one to blame but ourselves.   Each day we may come to the Lord and partake of the spiritual riches which He so willingly provides.  We have spiritual food which is there for the taking.  Let us not deprive ourselves of these blessings. 

Have you put on your spiritual armor today?  Have to taken into your soul the sweetness of God’s Word?  Did you arise this morning and partake of the fountain of God’s grace?  Be sure to begin each day with prayer and time in God’s Word.  It is not too late to take up the 40 day challenge of arising earlier than ever before to spend more time in prayer and meditation on God’s Word.  You will be blessed in doing so, and the Lord will lead you to stronger faith. 

Seek the Lord today and walk forward in the power of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment