Thursday, January 7, 2010

God Will Overcome

For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
-I John 5:4

              I have come to the realization that in my own life, my personal life, I tend to greatly underestimate the power of God.  What I mean is that quite often I find myself praying for drops of water when in fact God is perfectly willing to send buckets of water upon me.  I have prayed for just a taste of God’s power, when in reality God was more than willing to provide an entire banquet.  It would be a true statement to say that God wants to bless us in ways that surpass our greatest expectations.  We are the ones that miss out when we fail to take God at His word.  He promised that He would never leave us nor forsake us, and yet many times we mistakenly believe that we are all alone in the present struggle.  Remember that all David had was a sling and a stone, and he walked out onto a battlefield and brought down a giant that everyone else was afraid to fight.  What moved him forward was his firm belief that God can do the impossible.  We look at the situation and we think that it can’t be done, but God sees what we are facing as an opportunity for us to see His hand at work in our lives.  

              God not only answers prayer, but He inspires His followers to overcome.  When we feel discouraged He lifts us up.  We feel defeated and He brings us up out of it.  We feel dejected and He helps us up and back on our feet.  God wants to bless us beyond our greatest expectations.