Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Never be Ashamed of the Gospel

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.

-Romans 1:16

To live by faith in the Son of God means that our lives are centered on Christ. There are people who would say that I am a fanatic, and that’s okay. There are others who would say that I am obsessed. They would say I am obsessed because I think about Christ and the Word of God all of the time. God’s Word is almost constantly on my mind. And what’s interesting is that many times throughout the day, verses just come into my thoughts. Now, think about this; am I doing that or is that God’s doing? I am firmly convinced that is God’s doing. He is the one who gently urges the Word which is in the heart into the consciousness and He does that for our benefit. The believer who engages in immorality is blatantly ignoring the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. The closer a believer gets to sin the more the Holy Spirit is pulling the person back.

Let us not forget what the Lord Jesus has done for us at Calvary. For there He shed His precious blood to cleanse us from all sin. Jesus loved us and He willingly went to the cross and gave Himself for us. This is a blessed reality and the foundation of the Gospel message. Like Paul the Apostle, let us not be ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment