Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Giving our Burdens to the Lord

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  -Matthew 11:29 (KJV) 

As I have said many times before, everyone needs rest and time away.  I have not taken much vacation time this year and I realize this isn’t such a good idea.  What is a good idea is to take a little time off to get rested and refreshed, which I will be doing for the next week.  My hope was to have my daily blog entries updated so that you would have one each morning I am away, yet due to a hectic schedule this was not possible.   

I love writing this daily blog and it continues to be a blessing to me and I pray it is to you as well.  The daily entries should resume next week around Tuesday, July 26.  Until then I invite you to go back and review any of the blogs of recent weeks or months which have blessed you.  Please pray for me as I take some time off to rest, reflect, and spend time with family.  Know that I am praying for you, my faithful readers, and my prayer is you will grow in the love, grace, and knowledge of God.  Should you ever have a prayer need and would like for me to pray for you please email me at dkbsoulman@gmail.com.  Any request you share with me will be kept in the strictest confidence.   

What a blessing to have such a loving Savior who is always willing to allow us to cast our burdens upon Him.  I have felt the weight of a great amount of responsibility lately, yet the Lord is faithful and as He has promised, we can cast our burdens upon Him and find rest for our souls.  I look forward to a week of rest and renewal – spiritually, emotionally, and physically.   

May the Lord richly bless you – see you next week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment