Monday, June 20, 2011

When Daily Schedules go Awry

1My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: 2For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.  3Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: 4So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. -Proverbs 3:1-4 (KJV) 

Once again my blog for today was nearly done in by the weather.  Early this morning as I sat down to write my blog entry the weather turned nasty.  The thunder was rumbling with force strong enough to rattle the windows of the house.  The bad weather then continued throughout the day, which explains why I am writing this at 10:30 PM – way past my bedtime. 

These days I take no chances with lightning.  Several years ago during a storm lightning struck right behind our house and took out our TV and microwave oven.  As soon as I hear the thunder the PC is turned off.  I am told the only safe way to protect your PC during a thunder storm is to turn it off, and we have had to do this quite often lately due to the many storms we’ve had this season. 

Not long after I realized I would be delayed in posting my blog I found a screw had embedded itself into the front tire of my car.  Not wanting to wait around until the air ran out I drove my car to a shop to have the tire plugged.  I was then informed that since the screw had stuck so close to the sidewall of the tire it would have to be replaced.  The shop was short on help, several customers were in front of me, and it would be a few hours before they could put on the tire.  I gave them the go-ahead and called my son who gave me a ride home.   

At this point I was pretty much behind on everything I had intended to accomplish for the day, and it was then I recalled it was my day to be on 24 hour chaplaincy call at the hospital.  I was supposed to have picked up the pager at 9:00 AM.  By then it was approaching 3:00.  I rushed to the hospital to get the pager and found out I had not been needed all day, which was a blessing since I didn’t have the pager with me.   

I am glad to report the new tire for my car is in place, the pager is at my side, we had a wonderful first night of Vacation Bible School where I am teaching the teenagers, and this blog is in place.  You see, when we walk forward in faith keeping our eyes on Christ, He will keep us where we are meant to be, no matter how haywire our schedules go.   

Do not be discouraged when your day doesn’t go right.  God has a plan.  Trust in Him and let the peace of Christ reign in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment