Thursday, November 5, 2009

Christ is the Answer

This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for

the forgiveness of sins.

-Matthew 26:28

I read an article once in which someone said he saw a bumper sticker which said, “Jesus is the answer.” The writer said that if Jesus is the answer, then what is the question? I immediately had some answers for that. The questions are, Lord, how will I make it through this crisis, how will I survive this illness, how will I make it through this troubled marriage, will things get better in my life, how much longer will this problem go on, how can I make it another day, Lord help me, Lord save me.

All the above are questions for which Christ has the answer. He will save, He will help, He will forgive, He will restore, and He will deliver us from the chains of sin.

The Lord will not forget the covenant. A covenant was made, and the New Covenant in Jesus Christ was sealed with His blood upon the cross. And we can know with absolute certainty that God will not forget that covenant. It will hold and it will stand on that day when we face the judgment. In Christ Jesus we are found whole, cleansed, and purified – fit for the Kingdom of Heaven.

The Lord has offered us salvation, but we must reach out and by faith receive it. God has offered us forgiveness, a pardon for our sins, but we must receive that blessed forgiveness. Please do not refuse God’s compassion, do not refuse His grace, and do not refuse the pardon He has offered to us in Christ Jesus. Come to Him without delay, for He stands ready to forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment