Saturday, October 17, 2009

You are Special

This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

-I John 4:10



Have you ever been told that you were special? That’s a nice thing to say, because it implies that you are a person of worth; you are unique and of great value. Despite everything that had happened up until that point, when God looked upon His people He did not see a group of grumbling, complaining, weak-kneed, and shallow people. No, He saw people of unlimited worth and potential. When God looks at you and me He still sees the same thing. He does not see us in light of our weaknesses, but in light of our potential. That reminds me of a children's song I once heard that said, “I am someone special; there’s no one quite like me; I’m a great big bundle of po-tent-ial-ity.”

I am so very thankful that when the Lord looks at me He doesn’t shake His head and say, “Oh my, what a pathetic loser.” Instead He sees my potential in light of what Christ Jesus can do in and through me. And guess what? He loved me in spite of all my weaknesses, flaws, and hang-ups. Such is the nature of God’s grace. He loves us; so much so that He wants to have a personal relationship with us. God loves us; and He knows who we are, and we are unique, special, and holy to Him. Never forget that in God eyes you are indeed special.

No comments:

Post a Comment