Friday, December 18, 2009

Take Time to Listen

To man belong the plans of the heart,
but from the Lord comes the reply of the tongue.

-Proverbs 16:1

Let us make sure that our replies and responses are always from the Lord. From the Lord comes the reply of the tongue. If our response is from God then we will exalt Christ and encourage one another with the things which we say.

  • I love to tell stories and I love to talk. But there are times when I need to be quiet and let others speak.
  • I love to tell of my goals and dreams. But there are times when I need to sit quietly and let others tell of their goals.
  • I love to preach and teach, but there are times when I need to sit and allow another to preach to me.
  • There is a time to speak and a time to be silent. And we must make sure that our words are from God and guided by God.
  • I take time to pour out my heart to God, but I also need to quietly listen for Him to speak to me.

As we walk with Christ and seek a deeper relationship with Him, we will find that our response to others will be a reflection of the love of Christ working in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment