Saturday, December 3, 2011

Finding Peace in Life’s Trials

17Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.  18He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me. -Psalm 55:17, 18 (KJV) 

Have you ever considered some of the oddities of the English language?  We say and use them so often we rarely give it much thought.  For example, the phrases, “I could care less” and “I couldn’t care less” have exactly the same meaning.  Or imagine someone trying to learn English and having to figure out the many uses of various words.  Here are a few examples: The bandage was wound around the wound.  They were too close to the door to close it.  And one of my favorites would have to be, “The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.  I like this one because so many people have no clue as to the difference in spelling “desert” and “dessert.”  

Indeed, many words in English are spelled or pronounced the same, yet have completely different meanings.  Consider also how we often make statements that while may sound different also have essentially the same meaning.  When people makes statements such as, “I am so unhappy,” “I feel like I am just barely holding on,” “I don’t know how I will make it through another day,” or “Why have all these bad things happened to me?” they are all expressing similar sentiments regarding the pain and anguish being expressed.   

We often wonder if there is any hope of getting through our problems and experiencing lasting peace.  As difficult as life is there is indeed hope in Christ.  A relationship with the Lord can lift us from the darkness of despair and into the blessed light of Christ.  Countless people are no longer living but instead are simply surviving.  This is not God’s plan for us.  Christ has the power to help us find joy in life even in the center of our struggles, problems, and heartaches.   

There is a good possibility that right now you are facing problems which seem hopeless.  You may find yourself wondering how it’s possible to have any peace and joy in the middle of it all.  My friend, you are not alone.  You need not go through these trials by yourself.  Christ stands ready to offer comfort, assurance, and hope in the midst of whatever you are facing.  Look to the Lord, cling to Him, and do not give up.  Do not despair, for a brighter and blessed day is coming.  

The Lord will bring you through and will never forsake you.  This is Christ’s promise to us.  Claim His promise today.

No comments:

Post a Comment